I have raised blood pressure. Would I be suitable for Simply Life?Tue Dec 02 17:29:55 GMT 2014
If you have raised blood pressure and haven't smoked or used any nicotine products, such as gum or patches, in the last 12 months, we'll apply a rating of +25%.
If you have raised blood pressure and use any nicotine products or smoke up to 20 cigarettes or cigars a day, we'll apply a rating of +50%.
Simply Life isn't suitable if you:
- are under 35 years old and have raised blood pressure
- have been diagnosed with raised blood pressure in the last 12 months
- take three or more kinds of treatment
- have kidney problems, for example protein in your urine
- have experienced any symptoms or side-effects from your raised blood pressure, such as dizziness or headaches
- have had any circulatory or heart problems
- have ever not taken, or stopped, your treatment without your doctor’s approval
- have had your treatment changed, or have been referred for investigation, other than a regular follow-up, within the last six months
- last had your blood pressure checked by a medical professional more than 12 months ago
- have raised blood pressure and smoke more than 20 cigarettes or cigars a day