What impact does the Companies Act 2006 have on shareholder protection for limited companies?

When starting a business, consideration must be given to the way in which it will operate: as a sole trade, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company. To incorporate a private limited company, certain documents must be filed with Companies House. Companies incorporated on or after 1 October 2009 have to register:

  • Memorandum of Association
  • Articles of Association
  • Application to register a company (Form IN01)

You can find information on these forms here(Opens new window)